View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #34
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilin11 View Post
once again you guys dont get it all you can say is some guy you knew in school and were just star struck lap dogsbecause you knew a guy who played pro baseball. my fathers friend was nothing like that. my father knew him outside of baseball he played trumpet in my fathers band in the 60s. my father didnt even know him when he played for the reds and yankees. we were not some star struck losers that thought they were friends with a pro baseball player. this guy was really good friends with my father. we knew his wife his 5 kids he came over to our house for barbicues and partys we went to his house for the same i even went to a few yankee games with him and his sons. nobody on here knew a pro baseball player like that. then you put him down for not making the major leagues what you dont know is that back in 1952 baseball players werent making any kind of money when the yankees released him he didnt even try anymore because he wanted to go to college and better his chances of making money. his first year stats with the yankees were better then the numbers jeter put up in his first year in the minors. now go back to your computer game because thats about as close you will ever get to playing real baseball...
Again, it is you who doesn't get it. It's great that your family was friends with some guy who played a couple of years in D ball. It's all cheddar and crackers that he took you to baseball games, and you can have those memories and cherish them and let them lull you to sleep at night for all I care and probably for all any of us care. It's your petty, inane, childish oneupsmanship that we really don't care for. And I played real baseball, from Little League through high school, unlike the softball-on-a-tee version that you played at your all-girls' Catholic school. Now, please, stay off the Internet. Even your dial-up modem is tired of you touching it.