View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #139
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Sorry, but I'm calling 100% BS on this. We just got the latest patch that we've ever received for an issue that was discovered by users. If you think Madden, CoD or any other platform game of their magnitude is ever going to get that kind of treatment, you're nuts. Not to mention that the devs are very active on these boards. That's how this bug got fixed. We should be grateful they even acknowledged it, let alone fixed it.

If you want more input, feedback, information about the upcoming version etc., sign up for the beta team. Anyone can volunteer and be a part of the process from the start. I was part of the beta team for 3-4 years, but (sadly for me) time won't allow me to continue that contribution this year. All you have to do is send Lukas a DM and ask you how you can get involved. Try doing that with the developers of Madden or CoD and see how far you get.

Sorry, /endrant.
Disagree. One shouldn't have to be part of a "beta team" to get access to information for a game that is on a yearly release cycle. That is ridiculous. OOTP has this "no future info" policy.It doesn't belong in modern game development. Its how things were done in the "old days". OOTP must adapt. The devs not the game as that has adapted with Perfect Team.

The yearly release cycle has lost a lot of its luster. We know there will be a 21. And its an automatic buy for the overwhelming majority. But there is no build up. The yearly release cycle has become mundane. Its the norm. Just like Madden and COD. And there is no info, no teasers no anything to grab anyone's attention. Its just a conclusion that everyone will be interested in it cause its OOTP 21.

But at least those AAA games aforementioned, get information released about them basically a week after the current title hits the shelves. And they are covered by various media outlets and even celebrities to release teasers and trailers and info etc.

And if you don't follow CoD and its developers they are highly active on Twitter and Reddit. And address players concerns all of the time. It's just on such a grand scale its almost impossible for anyone to feel good about the interaction. They have to make changes for 20+ million players on 2 consoles and PC with cross play. Impossible to satisfy the crowd.

Yes OOTP devs interact on this forum. But I would not describe it as "very active". And again there isn't any mention of anything in the future. It doesn't sit well with me personally. Because every other PC/console game I follow from indy to AAA has a constant stream of future info flowing if it doesn't then it won't survive.

Maybe sim fans are different. Maybe the majority of OOTP fans don't cross other video game genres. But when you follow lots of genres of video games you can actually see OOTP devs lack of communication especially concerning anything in the future. Most Indy games are developed completely different then they were years ago. Its all about flowing info between player and devs during the life cycle.

Nothing I said makes OOTP a bad game. We all know it isn't. Nothing I said makes OOTP Devs bad. We all know they are Aces.

But I do think they have a weakness in communication of current games as well as future product information. I don't think that is a harsh criticism at all.

Most of us that are on OOTP forums are dinosaurs. Millennials think about games different. They are who will carry future generations of OOTP. And they are use to different marketing and communication from game devs.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote