View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #137
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
If you want to look at small time developers who go above and beyond at communicating to their players check out The Trese Brothers.

3 games in the wild that have gotten constant relentless updates for their life cycle with a 4th game currently being developed.

They basically read and reply to almost every single thread spanning those 3 games on Steam not to mention their own forum and their Patreon and when they have active kickstarter campaigns. All that from 2 brothers. Oh I forgot the weekly dev stream sessions. Not just playing a game but actually getting into dev and suggestions/struggles from the players.

And their last title Star Trader Frontiers was named one of the decades best pc games by Rock Paper Shotgun. So they can bring it.

Yes different worlds as I am sure there are way more OOTP players. But the new generation of Indy devs has constant communication with the player fan base.

With Steam Early Access, Patreon, Kickstarter, Fig etc most of the new generation of indy development has to rely on constant back and forth from the player and the devs.

OOTP is starting to feel just like any Madden yearly release or any Call of Duty yearly release.

I could point to the abysmal FOF development cycle to help illustrate this point. That game basically had 2 small updates in 3+ years.

I totally believe as soon as the next version of OOTP is in development the fan base should start getting information, screenshots teasers, whatever. 1 month before MLB season kicks off is super short notice.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote