View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #83
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Spritze this isn't a bug report, but this thread is definitely the easiest way to get your attention.

I'm curious to as what you use as setting, or what you feel are the best options for a historical league that makes use of the historical minors?

Which recalc do you recommend, 1,3 or 5...if 3 or 5 do you doubleweight? yes
Do you recommend adjusting the make bad settings upon league creation, yes as otherwise the negro league players get shafted if so what do you use? divide them by 10 or so
Do you use the OOTP stamina setting, use of relievers etc.

I know from some of your posts that you use a combo of recalc and development. Would love to hear your thoughts on this stuff.
Stamina drives me straight down the road. pitchers in the 19th century pitched underhanded only for much of it with a pretty soft toss, none of them should have a stamina under 200. Once they were allowed to pitch overhand they still didn't need to huff and puff. So pitchers in those years with staminas of 15 make me crazy. Of course this flows into the early 20th century as well. For other years I just go with the flow for the AI but I monkey around with my team a lot. Six starters, no closers, the entire bullpen as stoppers stuff like that. Just for fun.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-29-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote