View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjrrockies View Post
I will run sims later today, but my first impression is that starting pitcher stuff ratings are low across the board. (This is with 100% scouting accuracy BTW).

*Assuming* the player editor is doing a decent job estimating K/9, this is what I figure. For example, Scherzer has the highest SP stuff in the game at 70, which projects for a 10.5 K/9. He's beaten that mark each of the last 3 years, and ZiPS projects him for a 11.4 K/9 this year. Jon Gray, for some reason, has a 55 stuff, which projects for a 8.0 K/9, despite ZiPS projecting him for a 9.3 K/9 and having never been below 8.8 in the past.

Now, perhaps when I sim I'll find out that the player editor can't be trusted on that one, but my first impressions are that those ratings seem off.
The editor is not foolproof but it should be in the ballpark.

You might be right. I've reimported the ZIPS projections for a few starters and it generally ends up upping their stuff by a bit, though dropping their control from the original import.

So actually it may be the case that I need to do the same thing for any guys for whom I haven't already done so.

Let me know what results you get and if needed I'll add that to my to do list.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-19-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote