View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
david14
Bat Boy

Player Profiles - 1967-1968 Season

Now that I've completed the first season, I thought I would share how some of our marquee players performed before starting into season two.

Willie O'Ree

I signed O'Ree as a free agent before the season began; he has quickly become one of our most productive players when it comes to points.

Bill Hicke

Hicke led the team in goals with 31, easily making his first season with the Seals the best of his career.

Gerry Ehman

Not much to say about Gerry in particular, just a solid forward for our team's level. He picked up 51 points in season one.

Carl Brewer

One half of our somewhat decent first defensive pairing, Brewer saw his PIM totals drop off in his first season in Oakland. A good first year all around for Brewer.

Bob Baun

While Brewer's PIM total dropped off, Baun's did the exact opposite. Baun is the team captain and serves as a hard nosed D-man who can chip in offensively from time to time. He ended season one with 31 points and 169 penalty minutes. Luckily for us, he's sticking around for now.

Gary Smith

With a team as lousy as ours, you're going to need someone in the net who can win games. Gary Smith might not be that guy, but he's been a key player for us so far. He was in the net for 23 of our 25 victories, and ended the year with a .915 save percentage.

In my next post, I'll recap the second season.
david14 is offline   Reply With Quote