View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #417
subtle
Minors (Single A)

On the whole, I'm really really disappointed in the defensive ratings in this version. I know the OP said not to post this, but it needs to be addressed.

Alex Gordon should not have nearly the best range of any outfielder in all of baseball. He would be a center fielder, not a left fielder, in real life if that were the case. Same goes for Heyward. Sure, either player could play a passable CF in real life but, according to these ratings, they would be the best center fielders in baseball with a little more experience there. Christian Yelich shouldn't have better range than Marcell Ozuna. Granted, Ozuna isn't a great center fielder, but Yelich would have been playing center field already if he had better tools to play center field.

In general, corner outfielders shouldn't have better defensive tools, on the whole, than center fielders unless you're comparing a few unique cases (like Inciarte and Parra who would make great center fielders). I'm not sure how the defensive ratings are constructed but I hope they're revisited for major league players before the next version. Updated roster sets are a big driver for why I buy OOTP.

Last edited by subtle; 04-09-2015 at 10:43 AM.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote