View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The TTS feature works better with Windows 8 (since Microsoft improved TTS for W8). Also, I have listed a number of issues for Andreas to address, if and when he ever has time. :^) This is the list:

1. Batting Average: Whenever the batting average is given in the PbP, the narrator reads it as a decimal: "he's hitting point three one five." This is the most glaring unresolved issue at present.

2. Win-Loss Record: During the game intro, the narrator reads the team's win-loss record like this: "a record of 105 to 56". The record versus the opponent is: "11 to 6" versus Cincinnati this year". During the intro of a pitcher, the narrator does the same thing with a pitcher's win-loss record: "a record of 14 to 12". SOLUTION: Could the "-" in the hardcoded PbP (in just these instances) be replaced with the word "and"?

3. Attendance: During the game intro, the attendance figure is read like this: "one seven three zero eight" (for 17,308). I personally would like to see the game intros and pitcher intros abbreviated (and the attendance figure could be dropped).

4. Game Score: During a shutout, if the score is mentioned, this happens: "The Cardinals lead the Dodgers, two to zero". The "0" is called "zero" instead of "nothing."

5. 0-fer: The same thing occurs when the hardcoded text reads "0 for 2" or "0 for 3" etc. Instead of "oh for 2" we hear "zero for 2."

6. Pitch Count: The hyphen in pitch counts ("1-2 pitch" or "3-1 pitch" etc.) is pronounced as the word "to." In this case, the hyphen should be ignored. We want the TTS narrator to say: "one two pitch" or "three one pitch".

7. St. Louis: The TTS narrator reads "St. Louis" as "Street Louis." I added "St." to the pronunciation file. But the TTS narrator reads the period as the end of a sentence. "Saint. Louis." I noticed also that "1st" is sometimes read as "one street" instead of "first."
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote