View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 05:42 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

OOTPB needs to have all of the basic, everyday plays in it.
(I just got OOTP5...so my apology if some of the following have been included).

No one ever drops a throw...drops a foul fly...RF/LF3B/SS never catch foul flies...2B/SS do not have unassisted putouts at second on grounders or unassisted double plays on line drives...C/IF never drops an infield fly...no errors on bunts...rarely is anyone thrown out trying to stretch a single to a double or triple to a home run...no ground rule double bouncing into the stands...no option to play the "infield in" AND "outfield in" when the winning run is on third...can't steal or hit-and-run with 2 strikes...and can't steal home.

Not enough double plays involving the catchers...P or Infielder to home to 1B double plays...and strikeout, followed by out while attempting to steal a base. The game seems to have only 33% of catcher DP's when compared to Major League Baseball.

I play a lot of my games out play-by-play. Adding these basic plays would add to the enjoyment of an already great game.

I would also like more variety in play results text.

Thanks, Henry for starting this thread. I know you will get some great ideas for improving the game.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote