View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #27
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
Wow it is amazing how 2 people (Mike and Chris) have come up with two very different ways to run their universes. Both of you have way more creativity and patience than i do in creating these ways to run your worlds. I can remember doing some pretty cool stuff when i was a kid and used to play the board game but man just reading both of your posts makes me wonder if i shouldnt start over with a mix of your ideas.

Chris do you keep track of or not schedule guys due to cuts, knockdowns, etc like Mike and or do you ignore those results?
I think the differences in the way Mike and I (and Cube, Ian, Gunsmoke, Tosti, Cap, et cetera, et cetera) run our universe speaks to how versatile this game is. I really do have to chuckle when people come in and claim that this thing doesn't have a 'career mode'.

I do not track cuts, knockdowns, et cetera. If the game built that in for me, I would love it but it is another sacrifice I choose to make to get the depth that I want.

I do not know if I will be able to write-up the next post tonight. It will be about using the auto-scheduler for regional play months and will be a whopper. I may not have the time tonight, but I am thrilled that a few of you are finding this somewhat interesting. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo
but man just reading both of your posts makes me wonder if i shouldnt start over with a mix of your ideas
I started over four or five times before I struck on this method/system and it is still evolving (which I will talk about under point 5 or 6 (I believe) from the first post.