View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #30
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I have been working on the ability to use them together.

The Spritze DB moves the super-star minor league, negro league, Korean and Japanese players to the main database. In the past they did not exist at all anywhere. Now only the Japanese and Korean players are left out. So I have been considering making the Spritze database Korean and Japanese only and moving the few missing minor/negro league players into the standard minor league database. The more I work with the old Spritze db the more I remember about why I stopped updating it and why most of it's raw IRL data was moved to the OOTP minor league database. Markus then built an OOTP version of MLE'S into the program. You don't see it but it is why players magically appear at the correct level based on their skills.

This does not apply to Japanese nor Korean players yet. Whenever they appear in historicals it will.

So if I update the OOTP minor league database with the 121 missing minor league players that would make the Spritze database Asians only. I'm thinking on it since the ODB files have changed the landscape for customization and the ability to create ones own leagues and structures. If OOTP would allow the missing minor leagues to extend back to 1882 or even 1871 or even extra-even into the 1850's, well gee that would be swell.

The deeper I get into thinking about how all this Spritze stuff fits together with the game the more I think it does not anymore.
May as well be talking Greek to me and have it written in hieroglyphics.I would need the rune stone to figure this out; I have neither the time, patience, nor the skills to provide any ideas. I am sure you will perform some of your wizardry and "poof" the world will be right again with your new database. Thanks again for everything you do for all of us in the beautiful game.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote