View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #28
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
I have been working on the ability to use them together.

The Spritze DB moves the super-star minor league, negro league, Korean and Japanese players to the main database. In the past they did not exist at all anywhere. Now only the Japanese and Korean players are left out. So I have been considering making the Spritze database Korean and Japanese only and moving the few missing minor/negro league players into the standard minor league database. The more I work with the old Spritze db the more I remember about why I stopped updating it and why most of it's raw IRL data was moved to the OOTP minor league database. Markus then built an OOTP version of MLE'S into the program. You don't see it but it is why players magically appear at the correct level based on their skills.

This does not apply to Japanese nor Korean players yet. Whenever they appear in historicals it will.

So if I update the OOTP minor league database with the 121 missing minor league players that would make the Spritze database Asians only. I'm thinking on it since the ODB files have changed the landscape for customization and the ability to create ones own leagues and structures. If OOTP would allow the missing minor leagues to extend back to 1882 or even 1871 or even extra-even into the 1850's, well gee that would be swell.

The deeper I get into thinking about how all this Spritze stuff fits together with the game the more I think it does not anymore.
what a wonderfully complicated situation.
Is it possible any of this moving/restructuring the minor's DB could/might/should happen in 19, or is that something to look at for 20 and beyond? And IF it could happen sooner than later, does it alter the plans of releasing the database associated with the .csv file from this morning? Just curious. i've sort of put my games on hold until i understand which database i might need to use in order to progress. i import all my historical players from text files.
from your note above, it's obvious the work you do on these databases is much more involved and complex than i ever imagined. i (for one) like the games' and your DB being different, but however you decide will be appreciated and used.
take care and have a good evening.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote