View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #99
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
Thanks for all the hard work on this db!
I have been reading this forum and thinking about ootp for years, and finally took the plunge over the AS break.
I have been running a league with a friend for over 20years using only retired players at their career average level on different programs.
I could just type in all the players again 44 teams worth... But I would love to be able to import the whole historical db instead of one player at a time.
I've been trying today, and ootp says the import worked and the players are all free agents, but there are no players there. I also tried to import into the draft pool with similar results. I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing... Any suggestions?

Thanks either way,
Paul
You can do more then one player at a time. Create a text file. Use Notepad. enter in the players baseball reference ID plus the year you want to import them from. Example ruthba01,1927 and so on. (really cool cheat double click on that ID and right click copy and paste into the text file)
When you get to the import screen (reopen OOTP so this works this way)
Select the historical databse.odb file (if you are using a custom DB navigate to where it is saved)
Select the text file that you saved all your players on.
Select your options and Draft or FA.
Click import should be good to go.
If you have issues I will post screenshots.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote