View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Thanks so much for your reply and your help in this matter. I've probably spent more time playing games with your databases than any other kind of league, and I really appreciate that work you've done for them. I've been running a test league from 1871-1910 to see what the differences are between this version and the v12 database. I had thought (and this is how my database had worked in v12) that the player would be created for the first season they played as a professional anywhere rather than their first season in the majors or their first season with the organization of their major league team.
For example, in my understanding of what the DB is supposed to do Ty Cobb should have his first season in the game in 1904 as he began playing professionally, rather than 1905 in the standard DB when he made his major league debut for the Tigers. Using the v12 database in OTP14, Cobb was available for the draft following the 1903 season, but using the v14 database he's available for draft following the 1904 season (although his neutralized batting stats still have a line for the 1904 season with his team listed as 'FA").
Which of these two years should he be appearing in?
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote