View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #29
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Thank you for the response. I'm also wondering which group of .csv files should this database be added to to get the proper historical information? Is it the files from your v12 DB? It seems that when I use the v14 DB I'm having an issue where players will debut at the same time as their major league debut rather than their professional debut(for example, Old Hoss Radbourn will appear in the 1879 draft even though, when looking through his neutralized stats, he should appear in the 1877 draft). I'm basing my ratings off neutralized stats, and I can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong.
Make sure you select the historical_database.odb file and not the master.csv (shouldn't make a difference as having an .odb file should overwrite the master.csv).

Actually, you aren't doing anything wrong...

Looking at the master.csv that I have in the database he should appear in 1880. You probably have it as 1879 because of your draft date. If your draft is after the season he will import in time for the 1880 season.

If you go to the real stats tab of the player profile and look at neutralized stats it will show the statistics being used.

In Spritze's database he would import in 1877 since that is when he was 18. In mine it's 1880 as this was when he was sold to the Buffalo Bisons.

Looking at the files from the ver12 database would probably get you accurate information but the neutralized stats are likely different.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote