View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Post your OOTP 14 Storyline-Written Stories here!

Hey guys, the Storyline ideas thread was great but what I really need are some fully written stories that I can program into the storyline editor. While we already have a bunch of new ones for OOTP 14 and I plan on adding a ton more, a different writing perspective is exactly what we need. Don't worry too much about your spelling/grammar. I used to be an editor and can deal with it. If you need ideas for storyline's to write, look at my first post here to see examples of what is/isn't possible.

Here is an example of what I am looking for (this was written last year by one of the beta team):

Frank Firstman Breaks Toe in Post Game Tirade

Be glad you weren't this chair in the clubhouse. Atlanta Braves First Baseman, Frank Firstman, has reportedly broken his toe during a postgame meltdown in the team's clubhouse. Among several items Firstman attacked, the last one made the difference. After kicking a folding chair, Firstman reportedly winced in pain. After examination, it was found that he had broken his big toe. Firstman is expected to miss two months. "I know there are better ways to vent my frustration." Firstman said. "I'll obviously need to work on some of those."

You can also tell me what should happen after the story is told. It could be that Frank's popularity goes down locally and he is now injured for 60 days in this case.

This is important - I will be moving all threads or answers that aren't written stories to the ideas thread. This thread is only for written stories.

Update: 2/7/2013 - Guys, I am loving the articles below and many of them are possible but a few aren't (the father/son baseball story along with the first player from a country story are not currently possible within OOTP for example). If you want to write a story and aren't sure if something is possible or not, please PM me and I can help or you can look here for guidelines.

One point of emphasis this year should be stories based on player's abilities going up or down based on offseason, midseason, spring training, etc occurrences. These things can be specific to pitchers, batters, veterans, younger guys, low quality guys, high quality guys, etc.

Last edited by cody8200; 02-07-2013 at 08:48 AM.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote