View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #80
mclellan36
Bat Boy

Impression

OK- I've been playing OOTP since V6 and typically buy it after release. This year I decided to jump in on Thursday night. As the site stated, I would not get it until the 9th which suited me fine as I had a day off on Friday but needed to catch up on work and personal things. Very full day planned...

First complaint: got the email on Friday morning instead of Monday. I was NOT supposed to get it early as I bought it hours after the pre-release deadline.
Second complaint: download was too quick and easy. This got me playing within a matter of minutes
Third complaint: outstanding graphics and very friendly user interface, much improved even over last year. I like the new menu layout. And the AI seems to be much better; though I am not the expert on those things, and can't articulate the specifics, the game seems faster and easier to use. I spent many hours getting to learn the new features, hours I could not afford to waste.

All of these things contributed to ruining my Friday, both professionally and personally. I now have a boss and a wife that are more than a little peeved at me. Fortunately, my team is doing ok...

Overall Impression: this game is a time killer and could ruin relationships and careers. I will NOT buy another version of this game until next year...
mclellan36 is offline   Reply With Quote