View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by dannyheck
Thanks guys. The thing is, I've changed my monitor settings back and forth for 1024x768 and all the other options, and when I start the game, it is still blurry in the middle and perfect on the sides except for its smaller and running off the screen.

The game use to work on my system before perfectly. I have a 17" monitor with 15.8"viewable screen. Now I just can't seem to get back to normal.
Just in case:
1. Try different graphic settings using the game graphics display program in the OOTP4 root folder. I usually have 3D and full screen both disabled.
2. Make sure your monitor resolution is set to 1024x768.
3. Make sure you are using high or true color.

If that has been checked then:
Check for monitor and video card driver updates. Not saying that just as a tech support 'blow off' line either - this advice has fixed a similar problem for me in the past. Even if you are pretty sure you have the latest driver, reinstalling them might fix a driver error caused by the installation (or un installation) of another program. Sometimes monitor drivers are a little harder to find so good luck there. Note that you may have to reboot before any driver updates you make kick in.

If that does not work then: After reinstalled the monitor/video card drivers you could go to the Display Properties "Settings" tab and check out what is chose under the "advanced" button. You can check your monitor properties here (Be careful to not change the monitor refresh frequency), your video card, your default screen font size, etc.. If I were you I would try some other video adjustments until the game did work, I'd check Advanced-->Font size next. If you have a custom font size that might give you display issues. Many of the other advanced display properties are dependant on what video card you have so maybe there are other unique options you can check or uncheck.

BTW - you say the game used to work on this monitor - have you have some system errors or any other reason you think the game might have stopped working properly? Did you reinstall OOTP4? It's possible that a reinstall might fix this too.

Good luck - hope some of this is helpful.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote