View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamP View Post
ripwalk, That's exactly what I was going for. When I edited the schedule by hand the one time it actually seemed to work really well. You have to set the normal rotation to 1 pitcher in (I believe) AI Strategy, but for the most part the computer didn't make too many stupid moves. Occasionally you'd see way more pitchers on a team then necessary but not to the point where I was ever playing against somebody and felt I had a distinct advantage for any reason. And yeah I think it'd be perfect for online play.

Bigrod I'm thrilled to hear you can solve this! I'll upload a schedule when I get home today. Do you think you could explain the 'day="" number' a little bit more? The only reason I ask is because I'll likely want to use this schedule in both real (MLB) and fake leagues if it's really a quick fix. If not, I still totally appreciate you hooking up a schedule for me.
day="1" is always the first day of the season, add 7 to that so it's day="8" for their next game and it gives a week between games.
Another example is let's say you want 5 days off between games. In this case you'd have
day="1" for the first game
day="7" for the second game
day="13" for the third game and so on.
So what your doing is figuring (days off+1) and add that to the day= number starting with day="1" in the schedule.
Hope this makes sense and it's very easy to do in a spreadsheet using a special vlookup table with dates and predefined day=# tables.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-17-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote