View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
SamP
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Can't really help you, but here to say if anyone develops it I would be interested too. I have always been interested in doing a league like this .. "Big Game Baseball" ... Kind of like an NFL style league where every game is hugely important. I think it would be hard to get the AI to manage things right, but maybe not with proper settings. I think such a format would be great for an online league.
ripwalk, That's exactly what I was going for. When I edited the schedule by hand the one time it actually seemed to work really well. You have to set the normal rotation to 1 pitcher in (I believe) AI Strategy, but for the most part the computer didn't make too many stupid moves. Occasionally you'd see way more pitchers on a team then necessary but not to the point where I was ever playing against somebody and felt I had a distinct advantage for any reason. And yeah I think it'd be perfect for online play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Real simple fix....attach the schedule your using and I'll fix the days..all I need to do is add 7 to the day="" number.
Or, if you don't mind the same matchups every year, you can get it to always use your schedule if you add future years to the end of your orginal schedule name like this.
your_schedule_c_2014.lsdl, your_schedule_c_2015.lsdl, and so on. You just add the year after the _c_ and before the .lsdl
Bigrod I'm thrilled to hear you can solve this! I'll upload a schedule when I get home today. Do you think you could explain the 'day="" number' a little bit more? The only reason I ask is because I'll likely want to use this schedule in both real (MLB) and fake leagues if it's really a quick fix. If not, I still totally appreciate you hooking up a schedule for me.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote