View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #16
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have played mostly with fictional players in leagues I have created, and have started a historical replay with the White Sox in 1961, but the league, or association, I am starting now is my "baby" that I have planned for a long time.

I have always wanted a league consisting of every player who has MLB experience in it. This of course would be a league, or multiple leagues, with a huge number of teams. Originally I planned on having 192 teams in all, spread across 8 leagues, with 40 man rosters for each team. An AAA league (the only minor league) would allow players not on the 25-man roster to play, though only 15 players would be on each AAA team and the rest would be ghost players. Eventually I realized it was just too much work to create 192 teams using real players (over 7500 players from 1900 until present day!), so I scaled down my plans and have instead constructed one single league with 96 teams in total, using almost all players from about 1975 until the present day.

I am also going to construct an independent league using real players from the same time period who aren't in the 96-team league (pretty much guys who had less than 100 ABs or 20 IP in their real careers). This will serve as an additional feeder league for my 96-team league, giving some new players I add each season some professional "history". I have no clue how that is to be done, however!

My plan as the seasons go by is to add real players going in reverse chronologically, so the first few off seasons I'll add players from the late 60s, then early 60s maybe 5 years down the road, then lates 50s ten years down the road, and so on through the decades. I'll add negro league and international star players (such as Cuban legend Cristobal Torriente or Sadaharu Oh) as well to keep an international flavor, can't have the league become all white in 25 years or so!

Oh forgot to add this will all be done through commissioner mode, that way I can ensure every player who retires (or just stinks!) can be replaced by another real player for the next season. As the length of my post hints at I'm pretty excited, still probably weeks away from having everything set up though! The schedule I'll need to make is going to be a tough process, I'm putting that off until last!

Last edited by Chisox59; 04-03-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Chisox59 is offline   Reply With Quote