View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

I play a historical league with some twists

I affiliate minors with MLB right away in 1901, I fill up the low minors with fictional players and maybe 1 or 2 will make an impact on MLB

After that it's Spritze's DB with players coming in from 16-20 yrs old, despite their real debut. It also has PCL/Negro Leaguers and Japanese players...some of those become solid big league players.

I let the AI trade so, Joe Jackson and Tris Speaker might be the 1-2 punch of an Indians dynasty in the 1910's, but I will throw guys on the trading block for AI teams for varied reasons.

I make sure I edit players coming into the league...the Spritze DB is meant to be used for the draft, so birthdates are a year off, plus Rube Waddell is talented, but I make sure his work ethic,leadership and intelligence are very low, while someone like Tommy Leach is smart and hard working. Guys who become managers, have good leadership, those who had back problems for example have high injury rating in that area.

I have gotten varied results, more HOFers and good players becoming scrubs than vice versa.

About to scrap my current sim to restart..again. This time having the International and American Association in one league so I can have a AAA All star game and Little Word Series between them, AA would be Texas League and Southern Association, A would be Eastern League and Western League

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote