View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
farmkidD2
Minors (Single A)

I like alternate reality leagues. You can do this through historical leagues, but my favorite is modern fictional leagues that have a history of why it is different than the current MLB today. For example, I played briefly in the PEBA, a neat universe where baseball as we knew it collapsed and so this league started up. They have a very neat, detailed history. They also have a thriving community which only adds to the realism of the league. I had to quit because of my wife.

I'm currently the commish of a slow paced MLB quickstart league with just my brother and brother in law. We take it easy, but we still have a decent community just because we know each other. I still miss the PEBA though.

Whatever you do to help you make it more fun. I'm currently working on a post-apocalyptic fictional world set in the Fallout universe. The country being decimated by nuclear war, they needed something to bring them together. Somehow, the game of baseball gets unearthed from the history archives, and it takes the broken country like storm, becoming the dominate national past-time that it once was. I'm still working on the idea, but that is what makes it fun for me.

Hope this helps give you some good ideas.
farmkidD2 is offline   Reply With Quote