View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

OK, I guess I'll go first...

I've been enjoying the missions so far although it can be difficult to add so much inventory when you are F2P. I had 33 cards in my collection last week and I'm closing in on 500 now.

In many cases, I've found that I'm 1 card away from completing various sets. It always seems like there's that one elusive card that appears unfathomably rarely on the AH, and that it makes no sense for that one particular card to be so elusive (LIVE Michael Fulmer, seriously?) I think I was 1 card shy of about 10 different sets at one point yesterday.

Today, I've been able to add Ben Lively for 500 PP (yuck), Yan Gomes for 100 PP (not awful), and Shawn Armstrong/Mychal Givens for 200 PP/400 PP (grudgingly) to complete my LIVE Royals, Brazilians, and LIVE Orioles sets respectively. Most of the SE cards are practically unplayable at Perfect level, but I think I'll keep them all just the same. I smell a 'collect X/Y of the SE cards' mission coming at some point. Missions about missions about missions. Things can get very meta.

My favorite SE card that I have so far (and I only have 4 of them) is the 2018 Whit Merrifield. Not a terrific card, but he fits my team's M.O. He's a fantastic baserunner, can train up to super elite in LF, and a decent (not great) platoon bat against LHP. I will keep him in mind for a roster spot in the future.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote