View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #2694
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Let me tell you about the challenges of restricting yourself to a smaller timeframe. Though to be honest, my restriction isn't terrible - I only use players from 1959 through 1988 on Motown, so it's more like 3 decades rather than 1 for a 70s or 80s team. Even then, I often find it challenging.

When I search the AH by position, I'm frequently looking at half a page of guys... often when looking at relief pitchers there's only 5 or so to consider (well, guys who are high silvers and above that is...). Patience is definitely a virtue.

One concession I am making is that I am willing to consider "Peak" cards for players who played in that era, even though they may have been active outside the timeframe. Not that I have any, yet, since most Peak cards are pretty expensive (and to be honest, it seems like most of the Peak cards have only decent fielding - it's rare to see a Peak card with excellent fielding. Strikes me as weird, but maybe that's a byproduct of how they determine the stats for the cards).

It’s constricting but it makes it interesting. You really have to know how and where to spend your points. I have one exception I’m playing an 1983 Bob Boone. I got him in one of the six starter packs and he came up with the Phillies in ‘72 so I convinced myself thats fine.

I have two teams on opposite ends right now the Knights have PP spend and nothing to spend it on. San Pedro with no era/decade restrictions isn’t generating to PP needed to make changes it needs to make to get to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote