View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #21
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
In my current sim I went to 16 teams in 1903 and then added a second AAA level independent league of 16 teams around 1908 or so. There were still tons of free agents but at least I got a lot of them playing. The issue with adding the second league after starting the game was I had to contend with fictional players that needed deleting. To make that easier I set the new fictional league to be based in Brazil (you can use any country that wouldn't have real players at this time) which allowed me to quickly filter most of the fictional players and deleting them... Once those players were deleted I changed the nation and renamed all my teams.
After the first or second year, I expanded my AAA league from 8 to 16 teams. Then, in 1904, I added another 16-team AAA league and a 16-team AA league (not sure what difference the AAA vs AA designation makes, since all of the players are historical and there are no affiliations). With those two new leagues in 1904 I had no trouble identifying and deleting the fictional players that were created. As long as I didn't advance a day, then the only players in those leagues were fictional; thus, easy to identify.

Quote:
I then folded my fictional Western League when the PCL began and folded the other one in the late 1920's as more minor leagues started to show up.
I'll probably do something similar when I get there. I'm only in 1911 and am looking forward to the Federal League joining my game. Spritze says it runs alongside the fictions minors, no problem, so that's cool.

Quote:
By creating a fictional independent minor league the negro league players do have a place to play prior to 1920....which is one of the main reasons I added one as illustrated above.
Negro leaguers are importing and some are doing pretty well...

So far, with some tweaks to the setup, I'm finding that I'm also able to use historical transactions for the majors. And I'm also able to get many minor-leaguers to import to their actual teams, as long as the real team names exist in these fictional minor leagues.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote