Old 05-20-2016, 06:01 AM   #147
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
1) Initial set up

- New database

To start with, I did as Mike suggested in his universe creation thread:

A) Since I was building a universe from the ground up, I deleted all but one fighter. I found out the hard way that if you delete all the fighters in a database, you cannot add any new ones leaving you with a dead, useless database. After putting the initial fighters into the new data base, the one left from earlier can also be deleted.

B) Populating the new database:

I began with approximately 2,500 stiffs (tomato cans) all with country of origin, birth year and career start year set to match what I wanted (I started in 1897). I did this by utilizing the tomato can template at cornerwork. But if anyone else wants to start a project like this now they can grab the zip files located in the following thread and pull in 3,000 + stiffs all set to begin in 1903.

Parade of stiffs - OOTP Developments Forums

Unzip the the files and extract to a temporary folder that you create. Within the game select 'import fighters' browse to the folder and highlight all of them. Select yes to 'import duplicates' and 'no' to the over-right question. These will pop up because many of the stiffs are just copies of each other with different names that the game sees as duplicates.

Once imported, I'll steal Mike's comment about setting up the database further:

Up next (later today):

- Regions, countries and venues
- Use of Groups function
- Building a base of experienced stiffs
- Aging
how do you keep separate the "Tomato Cans" from actual fighters that will comprise the "Universe"?

I am new to this game and trying to create my first universe and really struggling with it
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote