View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #1018
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
So just how do you do that?
get the player IDs from the csv file, cut/paste into a notepad (or notepad ++) and add ", 1925" (or whatever year) (space between the coma and year - without quotes.) (what i do is after i get the player IDs. i go to the "z" column (at least on my computer) which tells you the year the player debuts in baseball and copy all the players from lets say 1925 - then paste them to notepad ++ and then add the , 1925 after each player and then save that file in a folder that's in my stats file in OOTP documents ... i call that folder "players to import 1925 or players to import 1912 etc.)

here's a bit of what my first few 1925 players would look like:
alliso000moo, 1925
almas-000---, 1925
arango000lui, 1925
Arango049Ped, 1925
Arm Ty049Ste, 1925
Armas049Fel, 1925
backelo41, 1925
baker-003hen, 1925
bakeral01, 1925
baldwi004rob, 1925

when ready to import into the game go to free agents, click on import historical players, make certain Spritze data base is selected .....check box to include historical minors
- click on include file (or something like that. in my game it's highlights in blue.) then find the file where you placed the players from 1925 in note pad. Click on that file and if all goes well, they should import into the next draft class. (i've been using this method for the last year or so and it works well.)
i found through error and trial, not to have auto import historical rookies boxed check in the historical tab if you manually add them, or you'll get doubles of lots of players.

hope this helps, or is what you were asking about... if not, maybe it'll help someone.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 11-27-2017 at 08:57 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote