View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #9
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've bought every year since 8, and this is the first time I've ever entered into the game and not been immediately impressed with what's there and what improved.

It feels very much the same as last year so far, and one thing that I think was touted as a huge feature (being able to start at any point in the year) doesn't feel very useful and more of a "since we have this thing we do with PT, we may as well use it elsewhere".

Which worries me. Worried, and a little disappointed is how I'd describe myself at the moment; at the same time, however, it's still the great game you remember from last year's version.

Quote:
Guys, i believe that the development team WILL resolve those issues that you described, but they need $$ to hire more people that will help in the further development of those areas. This is why they are focusing on PT so much. You have to give them time. They only have a few years with the MLB license, which opened up the doors to more fans, and now with PT, it gives them more income to work on more features. OOTP is a business, first of all, and in order to continue to grow and improve, they need to focus on the area which brings them more $$. I believe with this company's track record, they will continue to improve the main game further, but we all just have to give them time, and just enjoy the game as it is.
This is almost word-for-word the type of thing that folk were writing about MLBtS when Diamond Dynasty came along.

Two very different companies, games, and etc, but the human brain looks for patterns.

Was it me, or was the promotion for this year's version very quiet?

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 03-22-2019 at 12:17 AM.