View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for your candor. You've certainly highlighted a few areas that can be enhanced and provide more- have we overused the term? -immersion. It provides a nice sketch of where potential exists for visual impact and personal interaction. Good goals.

The 'meh' in my personal experience is often driven when I hit creative plateaus or, more often, slight declines. The inner narrative that assists bringing small things to life. As you said, morale goes beyond the diamond. Sometimes our own goes a bit beyond the game, too. When it fails to generate the kinds of interaction and mental play we've been accustomed to experiencing, it can understandably feel flat. When we're participating more at arm's length, the game can only reach out just short of that distance. We need it, I need it at least, to stretch and reach for me with more of an intention.

You've collected a group of worthy areas that have plenty of room to demonstrate that as they're developed. And I hope they will be a focus going forward, but part of the experience beyond 'meh' will be because they're old familiars made suddenly a lot better or presented in a novel or captivating way, the way new features do, and we've had plenty of them and some, admittedly, haven't directly impacted me or my play. On the other hand, my play has been enhanced- and quite wonderfully, too -but with determined attention to details less visual and less obvious. That doesn't make them any less new, just less noticed, but still with impact.

All in all, you've really said great game, love it, love a lot of the recent changes and additions, and here's my wishlist for growth in the next version or two. I think that's worthy comment. One of the reasons I was prodded to respond was my fear your title might be misunderstood or given too much weight. Slightly is a good word, especially when followed with a clear indication of your ambitions for the game.

Last edited by endgame; 03-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.