View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #96
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
the same issue has followed from 13 to 14 to 15: DUPLICATE MINOR-LEAGUE STATISTICS!!!!

This seems to be a carryover issue I addressed last year and so far, its the same players all over again

See: Corky Miller. Has stats for Richmond (AA) and Gwinett (AAA). Richmond was the AAA affiliate for the Braves, but he has Braves AAA and Giants AA stats. The simple solution to me is to either give him Gwinett stats or no stats at all, since coding the Richmond Flying Squirrels will always be kicked by to AA league stats in stats editor, even if you list the league as "2".
Is this for 2013 or previous years?
I was the only one doing those stats at that time and it was in excess of 300 hours work. Markus wanted to list all stats for defunct teams as 0 (no team) I chose to keep them with the most precise team as possible and leave it up to the user to lookup the player to find the correct team as I believe it's the stats that are importand not the team played for. If there was a current team name with the same name as a defunct team, I used that. If an organization's team was no longer, I used there team that replaced it or one in the closest level that matched. So teams may not match the acutal organization or level. Hopefully some day we can keep old team IDS rather than replacing them with new team names/affiliations.
Also, I'm bound to make a mistake or 2 when figuring stats for over thousands of players and having to depend on other people's/sites's data.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-19-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote