View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #16
Cole
Hall Of Famer

This is identical to the thread in the FHM 2 thread and like that, isn't going to go anywhere productive - we don't need this back and forth on the forums.

I'll leave the same post here that I did thre.

Alright, I'm going to close this. People from both sides have had their say and this is just going to get into flame wars and name calling a lot sooner than it will get to anything productive.

The fact of the matter is this ...

Yes, FHM 2014 was not a smooth release. Obviously there was never an intent to deceive or mislead people. A lot of things about the first release were regrettable. Lessons are learned and we move on. If you choose not to move on with the company over $30 poorly spent, that is your decision and you are entitled to it.

The fact is too, anyone who was extremely displeased with FHM 2014 and requested a refund was given one at the time.

Also, while the game had issues, to call it unplayable is a stretch. Plenty of people did play and get enjoyment out of it, and continue to. (I know as I get people who tag us on Twitter with screens, etc. from their games).

Whether or not you care about the developer's livelihoods, believe it or not, they kind of do. These aren't game creating robots, these are humans who have families and responsibilities and thus need to make money. It is their prerogative to make decisions on how much their games will cost and it is up to each customer to decide if they wish to pay that. None of them are happy that people weren't happy with FHM 2014. They want to make it right, they want to make a game everyone can enjoy. They also want to be able to make a living at this so they can continue to do this. Giving away the game for free to a vast majority of customers is not conducive to staying in business.

Lastly, I would have thought Sebastian's response would have put to rest some of people's concerns when he clearly stated they tried to evaluate ways in which FHM 2014 buyers could get a discount of some sort, but it wasn't possible and thus the best solution was the discount for all. I'll leave it below again for people to read once more.

Quote:

We also discussed to give all FHM 1 customers a discount for the second game but technically that is difficult. We sell the game through eSellerate and there we don't have any complete lists with former customers (at least not in a form that would work) and we sell through Steam. In Steam, it is theoretically possible to link it with another game (e.g. FHM 1) but not out of the box so Valve needs to set it up on a case by case basis. They told us that they had some unsuccessful tries in the past and don't want to do it at the moment.

So giving out a discount to everyone was the last option. And I think it is much better that way (everyone gets it) then punish the loyal fans by not giving a discount at all.

If someone needs longer then a week to decide, just wait for one of the sales later in the season to try it out. By then, everyone should get a pretty good opinion on the web about the game.