View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
cavebutter
All Star Starter

I made a thing! First usable results from my database

I've been working on a project to roll my own MySQL database from OOTP data. While mostly done for the sake of learning a new thing, I also had some clear goals in mind for how to improve my playing experience.

The most challenging part was getting to understand and then calculate all of the advanced stats. From there, things have been getting easier and now I've moved back into my professional wheelhouse: Excel.

I've always wanted a better way to manage my organizational depth chart. It's easy to get lost in a sea of numbers and lose context. The below screenshot shows all of the relievers in the fictional Baltimore organization. The charts visualize the stats and ratings for the top 5 players. The players can be sorted based on any of the visible stats as well as a number of hidden ratings.

The data in the table updates automatically from a csv that the database outputs. (This is currently a manual export due to weirdness in the server instance - grr!)

Anyhow, this is the Bullpen Depth worksheet. I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve, but mostly just showing off.
Attached Images

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote