View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
2 thoughts on penalties and a question on Juniors

1. When a penalty is being killed and the clock stops, you can sometimes see the remaining penalty time (be it .02 or 1.58) vanish from the clock while the narrative plays out at the bottom, and this is basically a spoiler, since you know that it means there's going to be a goal scored. I just had a situation where my Kings had to press and press and took four shots to get the puck past Ken Wreggett, but I knew it was going in. And not just because it was Ken Wreggett they were shooting on.

Likewise, it works in reverse. If the remaining time stays on the scoreboard, you know the goalie is going to stand fast, no matter how long it takes to clear the puck from the zone.

Please consider changing it so that the remaining time only vanishes once the narrative concludes (and the goal sound plays) so that we have more suspense. Thanks.

2. Hockey moves very fast sometimes. As a Kings fan, in real life this season, I've gotten to see the win in OT at Boston, where the Kings scored off of a face-off with 0.9 seconds remaining. (Kopitar won the draw cleanly, Toffoli put it home…and I think there might have been a slow clock. But even so.) But that said, there have been some cases where the game seems to be acting a little too quickly.

I only raised my eye slightly when the (game) Kings scored two goals in :04 in one game. But I've seen cases where there was a goal scored :02 into a penalty, which is rather unlikely because power plays usually involve at least one pass, and I've seen almost a half-dozen cases of a second penalty (creating a double-minor) getting called less than :05 into the penalty, when referees are, in my experience, reluctant to blow the whistle again immediately after. Perhaps there should be some sort of "penalty adjustment" built in, so that events don't pile up against each other quite so quickly, as they sometimes do with everything being, I assume, engine-based.

---------------

Q. Is there any benefit to leaving a player with his junior team? Besides keeping a contract slot open, I mean? Does the player always develop more quickly in the minors than he would with a junior team? Should I therefore get everyone I can (and would want) to my minor league team ASAP?

Thanks in advance for answers and consideration.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote