View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Update

Still toiling through the final FBS. As I have the model set up, now, this second class is the one that requires the most work. When the numbers turn into drudgery, I set them aside.

A couple things have come to light that are very pleasing.

First off, the model now determines the Veterans Committee selections first. I did this just to be in synch with RL. What I did not consider was the obvious result that is since they will be determined first, they can be posted first, just as in RL. This could be incorporated into the game where you would get your VC picks in December and then get the other picks in January....THAT is cool.

There were no VC selections for 2035, however.

I also really like that the First Ballot selections will actually be meaningful whereas in the previous HOF threads they were the result of luck in the timing of the player retirement matching up with a historical induction. No more. I am really liking that.

Additionally, the new model is simulating deference to players from earlier eras and the VC selections are something that impact the process to a greater degree than before. This is not by design, but it is the result, and it is what I would have wanted if I had considered this aspect in the design. Sometimes things just work out.

The method for choosing the Inaugural class has demonstrated to be a sound one. Only one player has come close to getting in on the FBs that I am completing. The original four established a high bar for entry, and that is as it should be.

OK, I cleared my head, back to the numbers. I may get posts up during the overnight. If not, then Saturday at the latest.

Sorry for the wait, but I am really happy with how this new model is shaping out.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote