View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Recalc: peak seasons vs. remaining peak seasons vs....

Hi there, I'm (for the first time ever, maybe) finishing up a historical season, in this case 1969. Before I go into the offseason I want to make sure I know what's happening and how, so if I may ask a couple of questions...

1. What's the practical effect of the choice between recalc with "career peak seasons" vs. "remaining peak seasons"? I'm thinking that a Hank Aaron/Bob Gibson type would keep better numbers as he approaches the end of his career with the first option. I think that's what I want, but does it result in too many good players for the Mark Fidrych/Ron Bryant kind of guy that has one or two good years? Actually I'd like those sorts of players to have longer careers, so maybe career peak is the way to go for me.

2. I've never ended a season with reserve clause rules in play. I don't want all my players to leave at the end of the season because I don't offer them contracts. How does the end of season/offseason/preseason look with reserve clause rules in effect? I don't want to botch the offseason.

Thanks in advance for any help.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote