View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Stallworth View Post
Hi,
I am new to the game and I am having problems. I have been trying to play historical leagues and fictional historical leagues. I hope that I'm making mistakes and that it is not the game.
I tried to start playing the AL from the beginning in 1900. I followed the prompts in the League Wizard and ended up with teams like the Boston Poodles and the Detroit Terror. When I tried the Fictional Historical setting and used the historical team name feature I got Washington 1900 and Chicago 1900.
I have read the parts of the Online Manual about league creation. This sounds like a really cool game, but so far I haven't been able to make it work. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Richard Stallworth
Welcome to the ootp family.
The team name problems are because MLB asked us not to use them..it's an easy fix though...send me a PM and I'll give it to you...this no longer affects future versions of ootp as we are now licensed by MLB.
One other thing that users say works is to hit "Randomize Team Names" exactly 3 times and that gives the real team names..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote