View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
dfwrazorback
Bat Boy

Advice for a noob

Hi all. Just bought the game and played about a season and a half of a historical league I set up to get the hang of things and am ready to start over with some help from you veterans.

The league setup I like is to start in whatever season and keep control of one team starting with real players on their correct historic teams but having a draft each year based on my league results and not placing the rookies on their actual historic team. The league I fiddled with started in 1962 using the Cubs, think I had 3-year recalc.

Injuries, while annoying, seemed about right as far as the number of them during the season. There did seem to be a lot of trades during the season but they were for the most part balanced apart from a 26-year-old Bob Gibson for 37-year-old Yogi Berra one. I didn't feel like messing with minor leagues, so the reserve roster option worked fine for me. The rookie draft in the off season was fun as well. I had the 4th pick and watched the AI select Pete Rose, Joe Morgan and Dick Allen to the 3 teams picking ahead of me, which seemed about right to me. The next best player (in my opinion) was LF Rico Carty, but I already had a young LF Billy Williams. This leads to my first question -

1. How do you tell looking at a players info what other positions he can play and how well he would play them?

2. Any suggestions on adjusting other settings based on the type of league I am playing?
dfwrazorback is offline   Reply With Quote