View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01010010 View Post
This has nothing to do with real life or real fans or polling fans or whatever you are reading into it.

Rather, when you create a league with OOTP, it generates roughly x percentage of players as extremely popular, y percentage as very popular, z percentage as popular, etc. You can see this if you create some test fictional leagues. You'll never get 50 percent of players as extremely popular or whatever; it's based on some kind of a distribution. I simply wanted to get an idea of this OOTP-generated distribution so that I could compare it against my historical league, for my own personal purposes. That's all.
What is your basis for saying it's "out of whack"?

Out of whack compared to what?

If there's no real life data to support the percentages, then you have nothing to base it on. OOTP would most likely generate them randomly, since it has no real world data to base it on either.

If you have 9 Stud All-Stars on your team, should they all be "extremely popular"? If you have 9 duds, should they all be unpopular?

A league with a lot of talent is likely to have more "extremely popular" players than a league with fewer studs and more even distribution. It will constantly change.

Doesn't matter what is being read into it, you need something to base this on, you can't just say distribution should be x, y, and z.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-01-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote