View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
satchel
Hall Of Famer

I'd be flattered to be asked to join an online league (although I'm currently at my limit), I don't think I've even gotten an invitation.

I've invited certain people to join my online leagues, but it's been on a very limited basis—I've never asked more than two or three at a time, and it's usually been just one. If there's someone here whom I respect, and would like to have in my league, I've always felt comfortable asking them. Yet I don't do it anymore: I have to echo kq's assessment that few people are going to join one's league, on the basis of an invite. Most people who frequent these boards are familiar with the present openings, and if they want to join a league, they'll take the initiative on their own. Also echoing kq, I'd say that everyone has their own particular preferences, when it comes to the type of league they want to join, so it's pointless to invite someone into a type of league which they don't like. Personally, I'd never join a modern real-player league.

A lot of it does depend on the circumstances: do you already "know" the person to whom you're sending the PM? do you know what kind of leagues they like to play in? If the answers to these questions is "yes," then a PM is certainly fitting.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote