View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 02:45 AM   #49
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs continue to sit in 1st place by 3 games (35-19) as the calendar changes over from May to June. Hard to say it's been disappointing, but with an RDIFF of +116 after only 2 months (39-15 pythag), it sort of has been. I attribute this underperforming to positional training. Nomar Garciaparra started from scratch at 2B and should train up to 78 or so there. Also allowed me to finish Lou Boudreau's training at 3B, where he'll reach 118-ish. Dykstra and Henderson are still making gains in RF.

Mike Trout is already maxed out in LF and had a much better May (.278/.415/.505) and leads the team with 10 HR. Nomar is batting .352. The team is 2nd in the conference in runs scored (291) and 1st in runs allowed (175).

The pitching staff just got a little bit deeper with finishing the Johan Santana missions. Eventually, in the "end game" for this team, I see him as a lefty stopper in the bullpen. But, he's more than adequate as the #3 starter for now. Satchel Paige and his 31 STAM gets to go back to the bullpen, even though he had a 1.93 ERA as a starting pitcher. Other than 95 Rollie Fingers (5.14 ERA) and 96 Roger Clemens (4.63 ERA) having off years so far there's not much to complain about.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote