View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:26 AM   #128
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs ended the day at 100-32 and have already clinched the division. The team has scored 697 runs, which is just serviceable, but has allowed only 373 runs. Not in league with the top whale teams, perhaps, but on pace for 458 runs allowed over 162 games, which would shatter the previous franchise-best 547 runs allowed. I'm not sure if it's a full season of Ed Walsh, or a readjustment of some global strategy, or an airtight defense, or a pretty weak conference, but it's been fun to watch my team keep giving up almost no runs.

On the negative side of the ledger, I was hoping to complete a couple more high profile missions this week, but the cards I need have been slow to show up. I finally did get diamond Francisco Cordero a couple of days ago for a reasonable price (much, much lower than the 40-50K people had been holding out for), but all of the other Texas Rangers diamonds suddenly became scarce.

Been doing more "pack work" in trying to avoid the AH for everything aside from missions. Trying to learn from my mistakes and hang onto historical cards this time for the next batches of missions (Yankees, Tigers, Cardinals etc have to come out at some point) and get a nice payday down the road.

The best pulls lately have been 96 Kimbrel, 93 Bench, and I think it's my 4th or 5th 100 LIVE Scherzer--which of course I have no use for because I have All-Star Scherzer plugged into the bullpen already. The only card that has made the team since 100 Tom Seaver serendipitously came out of a challenge mode pack (~400 packs ago) has been 88 Frankie Frisch. But, the Fordham Flash is more of a stopgap than a card I see playing a bunch of seasons on the team.

My PP count has gotten back above 50K after the last run of packs so I think another run of 50 packs is in order. Wish me luck...

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote