View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #82
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs finished 103-59 (+217), and only 28 games behind the 131-31 Washington LyinCheatin Senators.

Drew the 87-75 Hampton Roads Rhinos in the Wild Card game and won 3-1 behind Ed Walsh and home field advantage. The Rhinos are an interesting team that is maxed-out for power and doesn't really jump off the page, but they have a PL title to their name. Yep, they won it all 2 seasons ago when they had an RDiff of zero. lol

The reward for winning that game is a matchup with the Senators--a team we have not played well (although I suppose no one can really say they did considering it's a 131-win team). I feel the Frogs have been especially bad in this matchup though. With an 0-2 deficit and the simulation timer ticking down from 5 min, I ask my team if they have any last words...

In the other DS, the 79-win Akron Aeros have a 2-0 lead over the 102-win New York Yankees, and look like they might be the next team to mildly annoy the Senators on their march to a finals matchup with the New Orleans Brees.

Good luck to those still simming!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote