View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #49
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I don't think I've seen even a single instance of a team tanking posted here that wasn't unbelievably egregious. I'm talking multiple perfects and several diamonds on the bench and a lineup filled exclusively with bronze and iron players for a team that is alternating between low levels-- a scenario that is so obviously tanking as to be absurd and even worth pointing out on the forum so everyone can have a laugh. It's like if someone had a video of a student cheating on a test, in which the attempt to cheat was playing an audio recording of the answers at full volume. It's not like people are snap-judging every team with a reasonable reserve roster as tanking. It's not like false reports of tanking are a problem, or that reports of non-tanking teams are a problem. This is such a non-issue, that there are people defending these absolutely egregious, ridiculous, poorly hidden tankers is just unthinkable to me.

If you want to train some players, fine. Hell, if you're near the relegation line and you want to sub in a few trained players maybe even hoping to be relegated, that's fine too. In fact, so long as you don't obviously, egregiously tank year after year, I don't particularly care. I play at Perfect, this issue doesn't affect me. It's only those ridiculous edge cases that are worth having a laugh over, precisely because they're so ridiculous and poorly veiled attempts at cheating the system.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote