View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Excellent bonus update! Many thanks!

Questions regarding the College/Junior/Europe preferences-- I've looked through the initial draft class and all of the Euros I've looked at (probably 50+) have 'Junior' as a preference. Did they all get set to that as a default? Or is this a reflection of them looking at the different preference table for high-potential players? Also, are these static preferences or dynamic preferences based on performance, potential for ice time, injury, loyalty, etc.?

Also, looking at some of the sure-fire NHL prospects from Europe, guys like Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jonas Brodin, who are either in the NHL or knocking on the door-- they have 'Europe' listed as a preference. Are they at risk for bolting to Europe when they reach free agency, or is this a reflection of their historical path to the NHL? Ditto for established stars like Victor Hedman and Erik Karlsson.

A couple of questions regarding depth charts-- when looking at another team's depth chart/prospect chart, are we seeing how they rank their players, or how our scouting team ranks their players? Also, do the rankings for current ability strongly favour defensive ratings for defenders, rather than offensive ratings? I currently have Jake Gardiner sitting in 8th place on my Maple Leafs depth chart, behind such luminaries as Stuart Percy, Stephane Robidas, Scott Harrington, and Martin Marincin.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote