View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #146
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

RL 2013 Ballot...wow

I saw zero inductions as a possibility, but I didn't think it would actually happen. So, there will be one hitter* added to this HOF and then it will be done.

I have started the follow-up league as a confirmation run of the HOF entry standards used in this one, and will begin a seperate thread for that with the Inaugural Class.

That league started in 1973 and is using the historical settings for each year and will use the program's league evolution for seasons after 2012.

The Injury settings are High and I bumped up the fatigue settings slightly.

The only thing different, as far as the calculations go, is that I will adjust the the Ink and HOFm/s modifiers for hitters and pitchers based on those in the RL Hall, instead of using the modifiers listed on BBREF for "average" and "likely" HOFers.

The first HOF Class will be in 2008. I have completed through the 2001 season. I haven't been doing the final work on what I need to do here because I was having so much fun playing with the new league....what do you know...OOTP is freaking fun! Now that the 2013 results are known, I will finish this HOF, and then continue to 2008 inaugural Class for the follow up.

I will follow the same method for entry in the follow up league, so 2008 will be like 1936 for inductions, 2018 like 1946, etc. The first class will have 3 hitters and 2 pitchers that will be the retired players with the most hits, HRs, Wins, and strikeouts, and then to the leader boards for the remaining entry(ies).

I may have this thread completed sometime tomorrow, but I anticipate it will be complete no later than Sunday.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 01-10-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: * I don't know why I had deacon White in my mind as a pitcher...must have been confusing him with Deacon Phillipe
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote