Thread: Strangeverse
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #468
pauwoo
Hall Of Famer

2079 Season (News, Complaints, and Other Stuff)

(News) Mr. 2000:
CF Wil Lewandowski, of the Toronto Reds BC, collected career base hit #2000. That his team lost the game, 5-1, is of little importance. Wil spent most of his career in Seattle followed by stops in Toronto (2x), Phoenix, and Green Bay. He’s hit at a .280 clip over his 14 years of major service. In the off-season, Lewandowski spends his days in his native Montana where he runs a small fishing guide company. All this guy does is catch cutthroats and hit baseballs.

Name:  Wil.png
Views: 213
Size:  264.7 KB

(Complaints) Injuries?!? Already?!?
The Phoenix Suns have lost the services of Patrick Keith for the rest of this season. He suffered a torn rotator cuff in a recent ballgame and the follow-up report from the medical staff is not good. Keith is out for the year. Last season Patrick missed time due to Elbow Inflammation (twice), Bone Spurs, and a Strained Hammy – in total he missed nearly 5 months last year… and now this - another entire season gone vamoose!

A blow for Ethan Mullens today -- team doctors were able to determine the full extent of his recent injury. He will miss 4-5 weeks with a strained posterior cruciate ligament. Mullens suffered the injury on 04/03/2079. The team will likely place Mullens on the injured list today. The last time Ethan was out for more than a few days was in 2072 when he missed a stretch due to strained triceps. I’m gutted for the guy - finally out from under Otto’s shadow, in a new city, and on pace to make his name... he’ll be back, stronger, like Arnold in Commando. Get to the choppa!

(Other Stuff) A trade & a scouting report…
The Baseball News Network is reporting that Miami and Minnesota have made a swap with 32-year-old RF Andrew Beck being shipped to the North Stars and in return, the United would get 36-year-old RHP Saul Guzman and 24-year-old minor league RHP Zachary Muhammed. This was (almost) purely a housekeeping move as I was trying to free up some space for Kyle Weaver to start… that I got Guzman in the deal is a nice bonus though. He’s not very good, but I have a soft spot for the guy.

There are three things I don’t like about Carter DeTour… 1st – he’s a me-first kind of guy with no loyalty to the team, which is weird because this is the only Franchise he’s ever known. 2nd – he’s unhappy in Miami, with the team, with his teammates, I heard that his girlfriend had dumped him, and he wants out… that he’ll tell anyone with a microphone those things as well doesn’t help (loose lips, man...). And 3rd – he’s just not that good at playing baseball. He’s a middle-of-the-road guy, playing middle-of-the-road ball on a club that doesn’t know who it is yet… I’ve put him on the block, sent a message to Yan that read, “get rid of him”, and am excited to see what she can get for him. So, with any luck, Yan will find a taker within the next few days and by the end of next week, Carter DeTour will be out playing in traffic for a different baseball club, in a different city, far, far away from here.

Name:  Carter.png
Views: 176
Size:  261.1 KB

the Portland Pioneers | the Los Angeles Leopards

Last edited by pauwoo; 12-03-2019 at 07:47 AM.
pauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote