View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

The History Of Hockey: FHM4 Edition

For the past couple of years I've always enjoyed OOTP and have done a couple of (partial) single-season replays. I first discovered FHM when FHM2 came out. I'm quite surprised at how this game (and the game of hockey) has grown on me the last couple of years. I especially enjoyed Tiger Fan's History of Hockey replays which further piqued my interest in the game. However, I always found it strange that the beginning of historical mode was 1931 when the NHL started in 1917. When I learned that historical mode in FHM4 would start in 1917, I knew right away that I would be doing my own history of hockey replay. So, here it is.

The replay will begin with the 1917-18 season and I will move forward season by season up to the present day. I will of course be playing in commissioner mode and let history play out on its own. I will also be doing write-ups on each season as history moves forward. In addition, I will be using the FHM engine to control player development.

To maintain some degree of familiarity, I'll have rookies debut with the clubs they debuted with in real life. This will ensure that Gordie Howe will be a Red Wing, Bobby Orr will be a Bruin, and so on. The only downside to this is that there will be no amateur draft but that shouldn't matter that much.

As this replay moves along, if anyone wants information on a specific player or team please feel free to ask for it. Will all that in mind, I hope everyone enjoys this replay.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote