View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #14
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I guess the core question is "If the rewards are the same, why should I bother with higher rarity tournaments since the investment to be competitive grows very quickly with rarity?" If you can come up with an answer to that question as a designer, then I am fully satisfied.

As a disclaimer, I of course love the shots at Ozzie in silver tournaments; I'm a fully FTP player with absolutely no chance at open, diamond, or even likely salary cap tourneys (or maybe even gold ones) if enough whales mobilize. But silver (and bronze)? I know that format and I have a puncher's chance at even some of the larger rewards. I like that accessibility. I just want to make sure that the higher rarity tournaments have some sort of purpose, since meaningless amounts of PP aren't going to cut it for teams worth 200-300k+ that are entering gold tournaments, for example.
I remember reading that the SE prize is randomly determined when the tournament is generated, so Ozzie in that silver weekly was just a highroll.

I do think that case is a very extreme jump between winning the tournament (500K card) and finishing second (All-Star Grandal, 10K maybe?) when it's pretty much all luck.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote