View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #35
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

I'm just going to throw my in the ring here. And let me preface this with Yes there is a lot of Info here on the forum, there are great people here willing to answer questions or let someone know who can answer their questions. There is no reason you can't read or be explained everything you need to know about the OOTP Games here on these forums the only thing that would prevent you from getting the info you need is a lack of effort by the information hungry consumer.

But that does NOT excuse OOTP as a company from producing a complete product for the consumer, and that would include a manual for what is easily the most complete, comprehensive and in-depth Baseball game on the market.

Quite Frankly it is beyond my comprehension that anyone (Vet or noobie) doesn't understand that concept and why the consumer not only expects a manual but deserves one.

And to you patrons that continually defend OOTP for not having one produced on a regular basis (That means updated with EVERY VERSION) because they are a small company with limited recourses or whatever reason is given is kind of embarrassing.

If you people went to the store and bought a product off the shelf and the assembly manual or the instruction manual's were incomplete or missing you wouldn't be ok with that just because the company was smaller and didn't have the funds ,manpower or resources to produce the written material that is so vital to your purchase.

Do I personally need a manual? NO But there obviously people who do need one and most importantly there are people who WANT one and that reason alone should be enough for OOTP to make an effort to produce one instead of coming up with excuses why there isn't one than having the OOTP Playing masses back them up for a poor business decision.

That is all, now I have to go play OOTP 14 and drink my coffee,

Have a great day!
Rhett
aka "Painmantle"
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote